New in Sketchpad Version 5 (see http://www.keypress.com/x24763.xml .)
- Engage students in learning by letting them import and transform any image.
- Import digital photographs or drag and drop images from a web page into a sketch.
- Pictures can be reflected, rotated, dilated, attached to points, cropped to polygons, iterated, used in locus constructions, and more!
- Hot Text makes presentations clearer and more effective by dynamically linking captions and the objects they describe.
- Simply click an object to insert its fully mathematically formatted notation (Hot Text) into a caption.
- Mouse over that Hot Text to highlight the referenced object.
- The Marker tool enhances presentations and facilitates the use of interactive whiteboards.
- Add clarity with angle markers, congruency marks, and parallel arrows.
- In blank space, you can handwrite text or circle parts of your sketch for emphasis or make a freehand drawing that you can then transform.
Expanded Algebraic Capabilities
- Function plots and loci can be transformed and iterated, and intersections of function plots can be found.
- Construct entire families of functions and families of curves, parameterized either geometrically or numerically.
- Choose a grid with trigonometric labels, create and listen to dynamic audible functions, and graph parametric functions.
Expanded Geometric Capabilities
- Easily construct polygons and their interiors with the new Polygon tool.
- Angles can be defined by two intersecting rays or segments, and can also be defined to be reflex angles greater than 180° or trigonometric angles (between –2π and 2π radians).
- Multiple transformations can be combined into a single custom transformation.
- New nonlinear transformations can be defined and added to the Transform menu.
- Expanded line weights, line strokes, and point sizes allow for age-appropriate sizing of objects.
- Text style and size on axis tick marks are adjustable.
- Mathematical italicization is used in labels, measurements, calculations, and equations.
- The layout of mathematical expressions is improved — you can use Greek symbols, multiple or nested subscripts in labels, and other mathematical notation
Performance and Usability
- All your Version 4 sketches and activities will still work — they’ll just work faster.
- Sketchpad Version 5 supports Unicode and video game-quality graphics through a tenfold increase in data compression, high-performance graphics acceleration, and advanced data handling.
- The new Information tool gives quick access to definitions and properties of objects.
- New JavaSketchpad applets can incorporate algebraic functionality and action buttons.
- Sketchpad 5 is a downloadable application that can be installed over a network.
. Separate installation codes for school boards, teachers/students.