New in Sketchpad Version 5 (see http://www.keypress.com/x24763.xml .)
- Engage students in learning by letting them import and transform any image.
- Import digital photographs or drag and drop images from a web page into a sketch.
- Pictures can be reflected, rotated, dilated, attached to points, cropped to polygons, iterated, used in locus constructions, and more!
- Hot Text makes presentations clearer and more effective by dynamically linking captions and the objects they describe.
- Simply click an object to insert its fully mathematically formatted notation (Hot Text) into a caption.
- Mouse over that Hot Text to highlight the referenced object.
- The Marker tool enhances presentations and facilitates the use of interactive whiteboards.
- Add clarity with angle markers, congruency marks, and parallel arrows.
- In blank space, you can handwrite text or circle parts of your sketch for emphasis or make a freehand drawing that you can then transform.
Expanded Algebraic Capabilities
- Function plots and loci can be transformed and iterated, and intersections of function plots can be found.
- Construct entire families of functions and families of curves, parameterized either geometrically or numerically.
- Choose a grid with trigonometric labels, create and listen to dynamic audible functions, and graph parametric functions.
Expanded Geometric Capabilities
- Easily construct polygons and their interiors with the new Polygon tool.
- Angles can be defined by two intersecting rays or segments, and can also be defined to be reflex angles greater than 180° or trigonometric angles (between –2π and 2π radians).
- Multiple transformations can be combined into a single custom transformation.
- New nonlinear transformations can be defined and added to the Transform menu.
- Expanded line weights, line strokes, and point sizes allow for age-appropriate sizing of objects.
- Text style and size on axis tick marks are adjustable.
- Mathematical italicization is used in labels, measurements, calculations, and equations.
- The layout of mathematical expressions is improved — you can use Greek symbols, multiple or nested subscripts in labels, and other mathematical notation
Performance and Usability
- All your Version 4 sketches and activities will still work — they’ll just work faster.
- Sketchpad Version 5 supports Unicode and video game-quality graphics through a tenfold increase in data compression, high-performance graphics acceleration, and advanced data handling.
- The new Information tool gives quick access to definitions and properties of objects.
- New JavaSketchpad applets can incorporate algebraic functionality and action buttons.
- Sketchpad 5 is a downloadable application that can be installed over a network.
. Separate installation codes for school boards, teachers/students.
|License information : |
All public elementary and secondary schools throughout the Province of Ontario, Canada and further includes First Nation and native schools in Ontario, the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education, and Faculties of Education Teacher Training Institutes