Frames is the award winning educational software for stop-motion animation, claymation, and digital storytelling. Creating illustrated animations, movies, and digital stories engages students in the curriculum, encourages problem solving, promotes creativity, and helps students develop 21st century skills. Students can use Frames to create movies, animated GIFs, and Flash animations to share with the world.Â Students can create stop-motion animated stories using original illustrations they have created with the drawing tools, pictures from a digital or DV camera, or photographs of a clay animation. Connect your digital camera and it appears inside the Frames Library panel. Simply drag the frames you want to add into your animation or import the entire folder at once.
Students can save their work as Flash®, video, animation files to share online, in multimedia presentations, or for inclusion in other video productions.
Communicating visually is an essential 21st-century skill. With Frames integrated drawing tools, students can illustrate their own animated diagrams, graphs, procedures, and more, helping them understand concepts that are difficult to explain using text alone.
Nothing engages students more than creating clay animation! Use Frames to transform your classroom into an active learning environment and begin having your student develop exciting cross-curricular group projects that incorporate writing and technology skills.
Digital storytelling is an effective way to engage students in their learning. Creating digital stories with Frames develops students’ ability to interpret events beyond their immediate experience and builds planning, organizational, and time management skills.
If your OS is working in Spanish or French, so is Frames. Set Frames to run in your local language default or use the Preferences to change the interface to French.
Frames 5 helps you work together
- Build collaboration skills as teams work on projects at the same time. Real-time project collaboration.
- Encourage cooperative learning with students contributing work to group or whole-class animated movies. Import frames from other files.
Frames 5 has better tools for self expression
- Drag objects along a path for instant in-frame animation. Path animate objects.
- Easily change your font size and rotation. Scale and free transform text.
- Display and animate objects with accuracy. Show a design grid.
Frames 5 helps create strong school-to-home connections
- Publish student work online, connecting to a real-world audience.
- Students can now publish movies for display in home and community theaters. Create wide screen movie files.
Frames 5 is better at capturing content
- Showcase changes in the natural or man made world. Capture images for timelapse.
- Record your voice and have Frames automatically match it to the frame or frames you want. Match frame durations to audio.
Frames 5 is easier to use
- Switch between views to create and edit the perfect animated movie.
- New frame and timeline views in the storyboard.
- Organize frames and sounds to easily work with large animations.
- Group frames and audio into scenes.
- Quickly create frames for cel animation.
- Clone frames.