Dragon NaturallySpeaking 11 Professional enterprise speech recognition software lets users interact with a PC by voice —three times faster than typing — to drive productivity and cost savings. Create documents, send email, search the Web, and more. Customize vocabulary and commands. Automate business processes. Even use a digital voice recorder and Dragon will transcribe the audio files. Dragon Professional provides security features, configuration options and administrative tools for managing large user networks.
15% fewer speech recognition errors out of the box than Dragon 10; Recognition Analytics (Dragon automatically detects poor audio input and alerts the user, offering advice to remedy the situation); multi-core support makes use of machines with multi-core architecture.
Faster response times for commands.
Enhanced Correction Menu and Spelling Window; new “don’t recognize that word” command; Dragon “learns” from edits, including keyboard edits, faster than ever before.
Enhanced Accuracy Center with focus on ease of use.
Enhanced DragonBar with contextual messages to improve usability and feature discoverability; new Dragon Sidebar presenting commands and tips; redesigned Profile Creation Wizard with focus on ease of use; more readable text for enrollment and microphone check.
Help System and Tutorials
Includes richer tutorial and tips; at anytime, you can search the Help for a particular word or phrase.
Editing and Formatting Text
Handle multiple instances of a word or phrase in your text.
Command and Control
Global commands for launching applications and folders, switching to a specific window, or tabbing multiple times.
Application Support: Word Processing
WordPerfect X5 and Word 2010 (Natural Language Commands in English only.)
Application Support: Email
Outlook 2010 (Natural Language Commands in English only.)
Application Support: Spreadsheets
Excel 2010 (Natural Language Commands in English only.)
Application Support: Presentations
PowerPoint 2010 (Natural Language Commands in English only.)
Dragon Voice Shortcuts for Web Search
Shortcut commands to search more websites, including Nuance Technical Support.
Dragon Voice Shortcuts for Email and Desktop Search
Email shortcut commands to control messages and desktop content; new shortcut to search Dragon Help.
Improved playback functionality and options.
Reduced enrollment reading time to 4 minutes; direct support for recordings in .dss and .ds2 file formats.
Profile-opening convenience for large sites.
The install process checks that your system meets the minimum requirements; if they are not met, Dragon NaturallySpeaking will not be installed.
- CPU: minimum 1 GHz Intel® Pentium® or equivalent AMD processor or 1.66 GHz Intel® Atom® processor. We recommend 1.8 GHz Intel Dual Core or equivalent AMD processor. (IMPORTANT: SSE2 instruction set required.)
- Processor Cache: minimum 512 KB. We recommend 2 MB
- Free hard disk space: 3.2 GB (2.8 GB for localized non-English versions.)
Supported Operating Systems:
- Microsoft Windows 7, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows Vista SP1 and SP2, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows XP SP2 and SP3, 32-bit only
- Windows Server 2003 and 2008, SP1, SP2 and R2, 32-bit and 64-bit
- RAM: minimum 1 GB for Windows XP and Windows Vista, and 2 GB for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2003/2008. We recommend 2 GB RAM for Windows XP and Windows Vista, and 4 GB for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2003/2008 64-bit
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 or higher (free download at www.microsoft.com)
- Creative® Labs Sound Blaster® 16 or equivalent sound card supporting 16-bit recording
- Local Install-ROM drive required for installation
- Nuance-approved noise-canceling headset microphone (included in purchase.) See details at support.nuance.com/compatibility/ (includes information on Bluetooth microphones, recorders, and Tablet PCs.)
Note: An internet connection is required for product activation (a quick anonymous process.)