The Ministry is pleased to announce that Pixton Comics has been licensed for use by all publicly funded schools across the province. Similar to Bitstrips, Pixton is an online comic creation tool that serves as a digital storytelling tool for students.
- Students and teachers can make comic strips, storyboards, character maps, and more.
- Presets include 3000 backgrounds, 2000 props, 700 characters, 300 poses and expressions.
- Teachers can access a library of lesson plans and activity templates for all subject areas.†
You can add your students by one of two methods:
- Input a list of usernames and passwords. The “auto-complete” function makes username and password generation quick and easy.
- Share your group-specific Activation Link with students. Students choose their own usernames and passwords.
Click the (?) button at the bottom right corner of Pixton to open the Help Centre.
† Currently available in the English version only.
* If you already have a Pixton account that’s linked to your official email address, simply log into it and you (and any active students) will automatically be added to the Ontario license. If you are currently paying for Pixton, you must cancel your subscription before you can join the Ontario license. Integration with D2L is coming soon.